Friday 6 March 2009

Practise Conditional Sentences Singing

  • 1st Type:
    IF + SIMPLE PRESENT, SIMPLE FUTURE (WILL)
    "If it rains tomorrow, I will take an umbrella with me"
    "I will take an umbrella with me, if it rains tomorrow"




2nd Type:
IF + SIMPLE PAST, SIMPLE CONDITIONAL (WOULD)
"If I were ever invited to Buckingham Palace, I would speak to the queen"




3rd Type:
IF + PAST PERFET, PERFECT CONDITIONAL
"If John had stopped at the garage (but he didn't), he would not have run out of petrol.(but he did)"
"If they had seen the killer (but they hadn't), they would have said so (but they didn't)"

(I'm sorry but I couldn't find a better song for this type)


Now practise these structures in the following link:
http://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/conditional-sentences

No comments: